Latest Podcast...(Click to Listen)

Idol Thoughts: David Cook Takes the Title! Help Improve this Podcast...Click Here
Email Your Idol Thoughts: idolthoughts@clearwire.net
Apple iTunes

Friday, March 7, 2008

Idol Thoughts: Top 12 Set...a 'possible' look ahead...

well, we're ready to go....a newly crowned Top 12...including Chikeze, which I am very happy about. Looking ahead the dreaded 'Theme Weeks' stare down all twelve of the contestants square in the eye. The latest podcasts looks at the 'possibilites' of who may be a part of the show this year. I invite you to give it a listen. Also, if your just joining us for the first time, the 'Top 12' means things are about to take a step up, including more scrutiny of the performances here on the blog and the podcast as we head toward crowning the winner in May.
If you would like to play 'Podcast Catchup' I invite you to click on the 'Podtrac player' on the right. I will give you access to every podcast cut so far this season.

Feel free to give me your 'Thoughts' on Theme weeks below this entry. I'll share them on the podcast. I'm looking forward to what you have to say....Enjoy the weekend...

JP

3 comments:

BJWanlund said...

A Heart/Ann Wilson theme week would be nice, if only for the entertainment value of seeing several bad renditions and several good ones, too. Perfect for the Idol viewership, and perfect for testing the Idol contestants who haven't performed Heart songs yet.

Also, a Peter, Paul & Mary theme week would be nice, although I'm not so sure about the Idol viewership. I'm certain we will be surprised, since PP&M actually have a decent catalog of songs, including a favorite of mine, "No Easy Walk To Freedom".

And, since AI FINALLY got the Beatles catalog, I'd be surprised if they didn't run with that for a theme week.

Also, wanted to tell you something, Justin: I actually thought Danny Noriega was actually a decent singer! There were actually 2 decent singers that should never have gone home in my opinion: Alaina Whitaker and Danny Noriega. I think both of them will be big stars, and I also think we'll get another "Bad Day"-esque success out of either Alaina or Danny. I'm actually being serious.

And those are MY Idol Thoughts, Justin. Hopefully you'll read my comment on the podcast, because I've only gotten hooked on AI this seventh season (in other words, I'm one of the newbies).

Sincerely,

BJ Wanlund

sarah11 said...

since im a younger viewer, i would love to see some theme weeks from my generation like maybe a theme week on the year 2007,or maybe a motown week. it might sound stupid but thats what i want to hear.you may think that thats not a lot of songs but if you dig deep you will be able to find some.like i could see david cook doing some simple plan and david archuleta coud do some chris brown.i thought dolly parton week went well, and ramiele shouldnt have left.both davids are amazing vocalists and bring something new each time. this is the best season ever.

keisha m said...

this week is idol gives back, and it would be nice to hear some newer songs that i no being a young viewer.i would like to see jason castro do "hurting child" by george or "change" by sean kingston,brooke white to do "beautiful" by christina aguleira,david cook to do "far away" by nickelback,carly smithson to do "feelin good",david archuleta to do "it dont make any difference to me" by kevin micheal,syesha to do "like you'll never see me again" by alecia keys or "stand up for love" by destinys child, and kristie lee cook to do "god bless the broken road" by rascal flatts. and for the group performance, i think they should do "waiting on the world to change" by john mayer.thats just one girls opinion.