Latest Podcast...(Click to Listen)

Idol Thoughts: David Cook Takes the Title! Help Improve this Podcast...Click Here
Email Your Idol Thoughts: idolthoughts@clearwire.net
Apple iTunes

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Idol Thoughts: Top 12 Guys....60s Night Colored More Gray than Psychedelic...

The evening started out great, then kind of fell on deaf ears and ended well enough to have weeded out the great, from the potential great, to the terrible. Simon's comments were dead on..for half the night I'm not sure what exactly Randy and Paula were hearing. Some frontrunners emerged last night, including David Hernandez, David Cook, Robbie Carrico and Michael Johns. Jason Castro had an Idol first, using his guitar and his vocals were solid. David Archuletta, 17, had a nice evening as well. He's the one that can't be adopted. His vocal range is impressive, but he was pitchy last night, at least I felt he was. Those were some of the positives.
On the other side of the coin, there was a cruise ship singer, a few 'color' disasters and Danny Noriega who had no business wearing tight jeans on stage and sounding like a Sanjaya wannabe.
Overall last night was a night to shake off the nerves and have a good time, some did that very well, like in Hollywood. Others were just boring. For the boring ones, you may be headed home..You know who you are. I'm looking forward to the ladies tonight. There is something about songs from the 60s and an attitude that a guy singing just can't do.

--JP

Don't forget the podcast...located at http://idolthoughts.mypodcast.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the guys were great, some more than others. I liked Jason Castro very very much. And I love Michael. Archuleta was good but I really dont think he's that great, he has a nice voice but he still doesnt convince me.
Other thong definetly loved Paula's colors and Simon's comments on it. I'm a Saula fan so, what can I do?
Anyway, the postcast it's sounding very good, thanks a lot.
And forgive my english.
Love from Puerto Rico
Kesia Rosario